Salutations! I've been feeling rather crafty lately, especially with my jewellery cravings. One of my favourite bracelets broke this week so I thought I'd cheer myself up and make a new one. When I buy plimsolls, I always take the shoelaces out and I've finally found a way to make use of them.
1. Gather some beads that you like. I managed to find some little coy fish. I would recommend to use beads with large holes or you may not be able to thread them on properly.
2. I also found a cute bar type bead at a charity shop which makes a really nice centre for your bracelet.
3. Thread the beads on to a shoelace, either symmetrically or however else you like.
4. Tie a knot on each side of the beaded pattern, so the beads do not move.
5. Wrap around the wrist or alternatively, wear as an ethnic headband to complete a hairstyle.
I would love to hear if this inspired you and alterations you've made.